Thank you for your confidence
Dear DUNLOPILLO customer,
Congratulations on your well-considered purchase of new DUNLOPILLO bed set! With this DUNLOPILLO bed set you have obtained a world-famous trademark product. Your mattress and foundation have been made with the finest quality, care and craftsmanship that go into every DUNLOPILLO bed set, thus providing you with years of support and comfort.
- "Warranty": the manufacturer's assurance that certain standards will be met by the performance of the mattress and foundation for a specified period of time.
- "Limited Warranty": this indicates that the warranty provided does not extend to every possible situation. There are situations that are excluded; therefore the warranty is "limited" rather than "unlimited". No mattress manufacturer offers an "unlimited" warranty, because there are so many situations outside of its control.
- "Non Pro-Rated": if any problem occurs that is covered by the warranty during the term of the warranty, purchaser will not be charged for any repair made or, if necessary, any exchange of the mattress and/or foundation.
EFFECTIVE MATTRESS LIFE
- Definition: the effective life of a mattress is the period in which it is able to provide proper sleep support and comfort to its user(s).
- How long is the effective life of your mattress? Actually, no one, not even the manufacturer of your mattress knows for certain. There are many variables (not limited to those listed below):
- The weight of the user(s).
- How many hours per night the product is used.
- The usages of the product other than for sleeping (reading, TV watching, etc.).
- How often the mattress is moved from one location to another and how it is handled and stored in transit.
- Whether the mattress is being used with the foundation made for it.
- The Better Sleep Council suggests that the average effective life of a new mattress is 8-10 years. Obviously that means some mattresses have a longer period, others a shorter term. However, when the mattress is 8-10 years old, you should inspect it closely then (and from then on) for signs of wearing out. Remember, your new mattress is its most effective in its first night of service to you. Every night afterward it loses a bit of its effectiveness, very slowly and very subtly to the point that you'll never notice it, until one day (or night) you'll realize that you're not receiving a good night's sleep from it. That's the time to replace it.
- Here's a question often asked: "If I have a mattress with a 15-year warranty, why should I be inspecting my mattress in 8-10 years"? The answer is that your warranty covers defects in workmanship and materials, not wearing out. Again, review all the variables listed for determining effective mattress life. Even though your mattress has worn out, this does not indicate that the mattress will be literally falling apart. If you choose to continue its use after it is worn out, your warranty against defects in workmanship and materials is still in effect.
WHAT CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY?
- The chief cause of warranty voidance is the soiling of the mattress. Blood, urine or other stains void the warranty. You are sincerely encouraged to use a quality mattress pad that has a high absorption rate.
- Abuse of the mattress and/or foundation. Children repeatedly jumping on the mattress will ultimately cause the mattress to fail in some manner.
- Bending the mattress during delivery or when moving it. No innerspring mattress can be bent without permanent damage. If the mattress is bent to get it up a small or winding stairwell or into a room with a sub-size opening, the warranty is void.
- Improper and lack of suitable box support under the foundation. Queen size sleep sets require a 5-legged bed frame (with center support). King size sets require either separate frames for each foundation, or a 6-legged frame (with center support).
- If you do not purchase the foundation made to be used with your mattress, you still have the full warranty on your mattress. However, an improper foundation (wrong construction, worn out, etc.) can be the cause of damage to the mattress. If so, the mattress warranty is null and void. Also, you should be aware that the "feel" of the mattress in the store will differ from the "feel" of the mattress on an old foundation.
THIS IS YOUR DUNLOPILLO NON PRO-RATED LIMITED WARRANTY
- Warranty is effective whether mattress is purchased with matching foundation, or either mattress or foundation is purchased separately. However, use of an improper foundation may cause damage to the mattress and void this warranty.
- This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or damage caused by abuse, misuse or negligence. Failure to comply with manufacturer's care and maintenance instructions may void your warranty.
In addition to the other exclusions stated on this page, DUNLOPILLO specifically excludes from the warranty;
- small manufacturing irregularities that do not effect the performance of the bed,
- comfort issues relating to the consumers preferences.
Getting used to your new DUNLOPILLO bed.
At first, your new DUNLOPILLO bed may feel a little different from the mattress you have been sleeping on. Don't worry, you'll soon become adjusted to the extra comfort, support and benefits that only a DUNLOPILLO sleep system can provide.
Body comfort impressions.
Small indentations are normal on the surface of any new mattress whilst the upholstery filling is leveling to a final position and getting used to your body contour. This does not constitute a manufacturing fault. On a pillow top mattress, up to 35 mm height loss is considered normal. On a non-pillow top mattress, up to 25 mm height loss is considered normal.
- Your DUNLOPILLO mattress and/or foundation will be repaired or replaced without charge (transportation charges to and from nearest DUNLOPILLO factory must be paid by the purchaser) during the lifetime of this warranty, should either be defective due to faulty workmanship or structural defects (the covering of each item is excluded). Repair or replacement is at the option of DUNLOPILLO. Consequential claims, no matter what kind and of what legal argument, in connection with this warranty, can not be accepted. This warranty commences the day you take delivery of your DUNLOPILLO mattress and/or foundation. However, the warranty period will not be extended or changed as a result of repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty or otherwise.
- This warranty is void if the foundation is not firm, even and supportive. A foundation that is too hard, too soft, not supportive, or restricts air circulation may damage your mattress and void this warranty.
Correct mattress support is an important element in providing long life for mattress. Mattresses always follow the contour of whatever they rest on. If placed on a foundation that dips down, even under the load of one or two sleepers, the warranty may be voided.
Foundations dipping or sagging allow the mattress to sag, causing the top cover wrinkle. Sleepers may experience roll-together through inadequate support. Some slat/mesh type foundations may require a center rail and a leg to the floor to prevent dipping or sagging, particularly in double, queen and king sizes.
Timber slats must be a smooth finish to prevent splinter and scuffing damage and be securely fastened to the frame at each end. A breathable insulating pad or blanket over the slats is advisable. Slats must be no more than 8cm apart and at least 9cm wide. Slats over 14cm wide may cause mildew by not allowing moisture to evaporate sufficiently. Solid panel timber foundations must have sufficient air holes drilled to permit dispersal of moisture and prevent mildew.
- This warranty is void if mattress and/or foundation has been burned, soiled, damaged or is in an unsanitary condition. You are urged to use a highly absorbent mattress pad.
- This warranty is valid only for the original purchaser, and valid only for residential use. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty is void if mattress and/ or foundation has been serviced by unauthorized persons or workshops.
- In the event you wish to make a warranty claim, first you are required to notify the retailer from whom you purchased your DUNLOPILLO mattress and/or foundation. You must provide proof-of-purchase; therefore you must retain your sales receipt and/or delivery receipt. The retailer will coordinate your claim with DUNLOPILLO. In the event the retailer is no longer in business, or in the event you have moved a significant distance since the purchase of your mattress and/or foundation, write DUNLOPILLO, firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to proceed with your warranty claim.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have rights which vary from country to country. The manufacturer is responsible for no incidental nor consequential damages. Implied warranties are limited to the period of this warranty.
Your DUNLOPILLO mattress and foundation will provide you with years of excellent service if you follow these easy instructions.
- To insure that you receive the support that is built into your DUNLOPILLO mattress, insist on the matching DUNLOPILLO foundation. Do not be misled into believing that it is sufficient to buy a new mattress only after your present mattress shows wear and tear. Mattress failure or "wearout" is often caused by foundation failure.
- As stated on the warranty information for your DUNLOPILLO mattress and/or foundation, use a 4-legged bed frame under Twin and Full size sets, a 5-legged frame under Queen Size, and a 6-legged frame under King size.
- Use a high quality, absorbent mattress pad. This will keep the covering of the mattress fresh and clean. Never apply liquids of any kind to the mattress cover.
- Don't jump or stand on your DUNLOPILLO Sleep Set. Misuse of this kind could cause unnecessary damage and the voiding of your warranty.
- Don't bend your DUNLOPILLO mattress when turning the mattress or moving it from one location to another. It is almost impossible for you to straighten a mattress whose border rod has been bent. Such abuse voids your warranty.
- Don't use or hold mattress handles for mattress moving Mattress handles will be torn out. You must hold on mattress edge for mattress moving. Mattress handles should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress. Mattress handles should be used only to position the mattress.
Mattress and foundation specifications, including appearance, may change without notice.
In the event that service is required, please contact email@example.com or
the DUNLOPILLO regional office in your country.